The parking lots surrounding the OSU Ice Rink are managed by CampusParc. You have several options for parking when skating at the rink.
1) Park with a valid OSU faculty/staff/student permit.
2) Park with a Visitor Surface Lot Permit (Off-Peak) (obtained from 160 Bevis Hall at 1080 Carmack Road on West Campus). These are available in single, multi-day and monthly increments. See http://www.campusparc.com/osu/about-us/contact for business hours, etc.
3) Park with a single-use validation ticket obtained from the blue Pay-n-Display kiosks (they take coins and credit/debit cards).
4) Park with ParkMobile, which is a new visitor payment option that utilizes pay-by-phone and smart phone applications. ParkMobile accounts can be registered online at http://www.parkmobile.com, via the ParkMobile app, or in their automated phone system at 877-727-5009 and entering the required information to create an account. The OSU ice rink parking lot zone number is 69318.
5) Park without paying and risk getting a ticket (not suggested!).
At times, CampusParc personnel are on site at the lot entrances collecting a flat-rate event parking fee. If you will be at the rink for several hours, the event fee may be cheaper than other options.