Columbus FSC Board
The Columbus FSC Board of Directors is made up of volunteers from the membership. Each winter, a nominating committee gathers the names of club members who are willing to run for positions on the Board. Board members are elected at the annual Spring Meeting held at the OSU Ice Rink in May.
|Vice President||Mel Shillingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Test Chair||Tricia Privetteemail@example.com|
|Membership Chair||Jingchun Chenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Safety & Rules||Katie Drakeemail@example.com|
|Ice Chair||Tiffany Gibsonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Junior Rep||Celine Ertinemail@example.com|
|Pro Rep||Jennifer Tiechefirstname.lastname@example.org|
Board Position Descriptions
The Board consists of the following positions performing these designated duties:
- President – calls and directs all club meetings and oversees all club activities
- Vice President – serves as President in the President’s absence; receives and reviews applications from prospective new pros, and provides program support for club activities
- Secretary – records meeting minutes and distributes to all board members and any other interested parties and serves the communication liaison for club matters
- Treasurer – maintains the club’s financial books; issue checks for payment of ice costs, pro costs, etc.; and receives and deposits monies coming in to the club
- Membership Chair – reviews applications of prospective members and helps them become part of the club
- Ice Chair – arranges for purchases of ice for club sessions and designates use of the purchased ice. Handles purchases of ice time by club members
- Safety and Rules – assures that safety and rules for use of the ice are
- being followed and recommends rule revisions as needed
- Test Chair – arranges for regularly scheduled and special test sessions and arranges for appropriate level judges for the test sessions
- Publicity Chair – maintains the club website, oversees social media accounts and pursues other promotional activities for the club
- Social (& Hospitality) Chair – coordinates volunteers, arranges club outings, and arranges for a food and beverage meal and snacks for judges at test sessions and competitions
- Pro Representative – elected by the club professionals. Acts as liaison between the club pros and council. Provides reports on council activities to the pros after each meeting
- Junior Representative – elected by the junior members. Acts as liaison between the junior members and the board and arranges activities for the junior members
In addition to the Board of Directors, CFSC relies on other volunteers to perform the activities needed to keep the club running smoothly. We encourage all club members, parents, and club professionals to donate three to four volunteer hours each year. Visit our Volunteer Page for more details. If you are interested in serving in a Board position, please contact the CFSC President.
Board meetings are typically held monthly on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 7pm. Currently the majority of meetings are being held through videoconferencing, with in-person meetings scheduled several times per year. CFSC members are welcome to attend all meetings. Meeting dates and locations will be announced in advance.
U.S. Figure Skating Officials
The Columbus Figure Skating Club has several home club members who actively officiate for U.S. Figure Skating. You will encounter many of them at test sessions and competitions, as well as on the ice! It is unusual for a club our size to have so many officials supporting U.S. Figure Skating in this capacity. Like all referees, judges, accountants and announcers, they serve in a volunteer capacity.
Coaches should feel free to contact our judges directly for assistance with skater evaluations and critiques.
For testing on regular CFSC sessions (low tests only), please Contact Our test chair rather than an individual judge.