Membership in the Columbus Figure Skating Club is open to anyone interested in pursuing or encouraging the sport of figure skating. No minimum skating skill level is required! Our members coach, officiate, practice, receive instruction, and compete at various ice rinks in the Columbus area, as well as throughout Ohio, the United States, and internationally. Columbus FSC purchases ice at the Ohio State University Ice Rink for use by club members. See our Ice Calendar for upcoming ice times.
Not a current member?
Are you interested in joining Columbus FSC for the first time?
To become a first-time member of CFSC, email our Membership Chair. Be sure to include general background information, such as the skater’s name, DOB/age, group lesson or test level, and the private lesson coach’s name, if applicable. Upon approval, you will be directed to the club’s Entreeze Membership Page for full application. New members are welcome to join at any time during the year, but membership fees cannot be pro-rated.
CFSC offers several types of club membership. All CFSC members automatically become members of U.S. Figure Skating (USFS), the national governing body of our sport. Like U.S. Figure Skating, CFSC membership runs from July 1 to June 30, annually.
Benefits of CFSC membership include skating on club-monitored ice sessions, priority testing at CFSC-sponsored test sessions, performing in USFS-sanctioned club exhibitions, competing in USFS qualifying events as a club member, receiving a USFS member number and card, as well as a subscription to Skating Magazine.
Membership Levels 2021-2022
- HOME CLUB – Individual club members may be adult or youth skaters. ($60)
- SUBSEQUENT HOME CLUB – This membership includes USFS membership but does not include a Skating Magazine subscription. Typically, this membership is available for family members of or guardians to the skater. ($24)
- FIRST-TIME FULL USFS MEMBER (introductory first year) – This membership is available to skaters who are new to the sport or who have previously been only Basic Skills Members. ($30)
- FIRST YEAR COLLEGIATE – This membership is available to college students who wish to actively pursue skating while in college. ($70)
- SUBSEQUENT YEAR COLLEGIATE – up to 4th year ($0)
- COLLEGIATE NON-HOME CLUB – ($25)
- NON-HOME CLUB – Sometimes skaters or parents move out of the area, yet they want to maintain membership in CFSC for a variety of reasons, including allegiance to the club or access to club ice or testing during CFSC sessions at the club rate. ($55)
- BASIC SKILLS – Skaters enrolled in CFSC group lesson sessions are registered with USFS as Basic Skills skaters for no additional cost. They can can skate in club exhibitions and compete in Basic Skills Competitions. ($0)