Fall is definitely in the air, and many of you are looking forward to Halloween. But before you know it, the Holiday Competition will be upon us. This year’s competition is December 1st, so it is truly just around the corner. The Competition will run for roughly 11 – 12 hours, starting at 6:30 or 7 AM. We need volunteers for 3 hour shifts, early morning, late morning, early afternoon, and late afternoon (7-10, 10-1P, 1-4P, 4-end).
We need you to help make it a success.
It takes many volunteers to provide this traditional event for our skating community. If you are new to the Club, this is a GREAT way to get involved and meet the other members! And don’t fear, we will provide all the instruction you need. If you are not new to the Club, you know what a fun day this event is, and you have most likely been involved in the past. Please join us again!
- Ice Monitors – keep the list of skaters to be in each event and assure that the correct skaters are on the ice.
- Registration Workers – check in skaters and coaches, collect and return music, answer questions and sell programs.
- Announcers – Are you comfortable with a microphone? The announcers state in a clear and accurate voice the skaters’ names and when to begin their programs. They also announce the judging panel.
- Hospitality Suite – It is the job of hospitality to keep our judges and coaches in top form all day long. We need many helpers to Donate $$, bring in food, to maintain, set up and tear down the Hospitality Suite. We need volunteers in the Hospitality room from 7-9 AM to help set up breakfast; 10-12 N to help set up lunch; and 5-7 PM to help with tear down and clean-up.If you can bring food items or make donations for the Hospitality suite, please contact me also.
- Music – This year we need volunteers to run the music for the competition. Music helpers would need to spend an hour or two before the competition to learn the equipment and the protocol.
- Awards – We will set up an awards table, and awards will be presented throughout the day. Runners will bring a list of placements from each event to you, so you can then give awards to the appropriate skaters.
- Keepsake ornament— We need a volunteer to create and make a keepsake ornament for the skaters. We’ll have a list of skaters and numbers for you. This has been a nice touch for the skaters to take with them.
- JUNIOR SKATERS: You too can be volunteers!!If you are under 12 years old, we need volunteers to make posters for the visiting clubs. If you are 12 or older, we need runners to take results to and from the accounting area, as well as to post results! Please bring or wear BOOTS if you plan to do this, as it requires going outside. It is a fun filled day! If you are interested in participating, please contact at Rina Saji, firstname.lastname@example.org